Here at Global Genius Society, we are fortunate to be able to speak to brilliant creative geniuses from all over the world. This trend continues as we got to catch up with the up and coming writer, Dante Banks. Mr. Banks has a bright future ahead of him, so get to know more about him (in his own words) in the interview below.
1. ) Please tell everyone who Dante Banks is. I am the Owner of All In Promotions LLC, FAMU Alumnus, and Self Publishing Author of "All It Takes Is All You Got", a short motivational story of my personal experiences overcoming obstacles. I'm 27 years old and I'm the oldest of 3 siblings.
2. ) Where did you grow up? I was born and raised in West Palm Beach, FL.
3. ) When did you first become interested in writing? I always had a habit of writing stuff down whenever I felt like no one could really understand me, or relate to the things I was going through. The majority of the time, I wrote a note to self type of thing inside my notebook, but sometimes I would express myself by writing poems as well. It's something I always did for as long as I can remember.
4. ) What's the name of your book? All It Takes Is All You Got; Never Accept Defeat
5. ) When did you know your story needed to be told? After I graduated college, my life slowed down and I had a lot more free time on my hands. I spent majority of that time venting to my composition book about everything I had been through. One composition book turned into 3, then 3 turned into 12. After I put everything in order I realized what I created and wanted to share my story with the world.
6. ) How did you approach telling your story? Did you feel nervous about letting people know about what you have gone through? I remember telling my younger brother that I've been through so much stuff that I could write a book about it. I was just joking around when I said that and I had no plans to actually do it. Since nobody really knew what I had gone through, my accomplishments seemed just like everyone else's. But I knew sharing my story could be inspirational and I was prepared for whatever reactions came with it. I was comfortable with myself because all I planned on doing was telling my truth, on my own terms and conditions. I've probably read 150 books by the time i finished college, so when I looked over everything I wrote down in my notebooks, I told myself this story makes it 151. Everything about it just felt right, so I wasn't really nervous at all, I was excited.
7. ) What type of impact do you hope your book will have on all who read it? My aim is to get the attention of anyone who can assist with sharing my testimony on a larger platform; with hopes of inspiring and motivating as many people as possible with my message. I believe my story can infect the many people who need uplifting with the one thing that breeds confidence and encourages a person to believe in themselves again, the symbol of hope.
8. ) Do you plan on releasing more books? As of now, I don't "plan" on releasing any more books, but then again, I didn't plan on releasing the first one.
9. ) How has it felt to not only see your story in the printed form, but also have people read what you have poured your heart and soul into? I really can't explain it because words wouldn't do it justice. Let's just say, it's the best feeling in world. By far...it's the best feeling in the world.
10. ) Here on GlobalGeniusSociety.com, we always ask, "What is your genius?" By that, we mean, in your art, what makes you different, what makes you stand out, what makes you different? I'm both introverted and extorverted. I'm social and I'm antisocial. I'm fun and I'm Boring. I'm the smartest person I know, and I don't know anybody who's as dumb as I am. I'm definitely a weirdo, but my genius is not that I'm weird, my genius is that I'm something no one else can ever be... I'm me.
11. Lastly, how can we purchase your book and how can your fans keep up with what's going on in your world? You can download my ebook online by going to lulu.Com and just typing my name in the search bar. Or, you can DM me on social media for a signed physical copy of my book today!
Thank you for sharing your story with the world, and for telling us more about who you are. We wish you nothing but continued success! #WeAreGlobalGeniuses